1. Call for Abstracts
Submission deadline: September 15, 2021
Abstract evaluation: September 30, 2021
The organizers invite scientists, clinicians and researchers to submit their abstract(s) for the DASIL Abstract Award. Abstracts from industry representatives will not be considered for the DASIL Abstract Award.
2. Terms & Conditions
Please make sure to be fully familiar with the abstract formalities and terms & conditions before sending your abstract- incomplete abstracts or abstracts with formal errors will not be considered!
- Abstracts from industry representatives will not be considered for the DASIL Abstract Award.
- Abstracts must contain work that has not been previously submitted and/or presented at any national or international meeting before DASIL 2021.
- The abstract submission deadline is September 15, 2021; the abstract evaluation deadline is September 30, 2021. Authors will be notified of the abstract evaluation results by e-mail. Abstracts submitted after September 15, 2021 will not be accepted and therefore not be considered for the DASIL Abstract Award.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in oral presentations during the "Free Communication" session at DASIL 2021. The use of supporting PowerPoint presentation slides is allowed.
- Every presentation should be 5 - 7 minutes and 2 - 3 minutes for discussion and questions. The presenter will receive any technical information and presentation instructions at least 4 weeks before DASIL 2021.
- Presenters are not being considered as faculty and have to register for the congress in advance. Only abstracts from registered DASIL delegates will be considered for the DASIL Abstract Award. To register, please visit the registration website.
- Authors must present their work in person at DASIL 2021. Abstracts from authors, who are not able to present during DASIL 2021 themselves, will be excluded from the DASIL Abstract Award.
Please remember: incomplete abstracts or abstracts with formal errors will generally lead to the exclusion of abstracts!
- Abstracts must be submitted as MS-Word or (editable) pdf document.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and must not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract must clearly indicate the following (to be excluded from the word count):
- Abstract title
- Category (Aesthetic Medicine / Medical Dermatology / Innovations)
- Name(s) of author(s)
- Affiliation of author(s)
- Country of residence of author(s)
- The authors’ conclusion(s) should be clearly stated. General statements such as the significance of these findings will be regarded unfavorably and will generally lead to the exclusion of abstracts.
- Initials and abbreviations which are not in common use should be avoided unless they are essential.
- Remember to check spelling and grammar carefully. Your electronically submitted abstract text will be reproduced as submitted.
Speaker Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- The DASIL Scientific Board requires that all presentations be as free of commercial bias as possible and that any information on commercial products or services be based on already generally accepted medical thinking.
- It is also preferred that generic drug names be used wherever possible and that any presentation referring to unlabeled or research-associated commercial products should disclose this situation to session attendees.
- The DASIL Scientific Board will review all abstracts without knowledge of the author’s name. Acceptance or rejection of an abstract will be based on the average grade awarded by the reviewers.
- The abstract should be presented in a way that the contribution of the research to advance knowledge can be assessed.
- The Scientific Board reserves the right to:
- select the abstracts relevant to the sessions;
- decide on the final topic of the abstract.
By submitting an abstract for the DASIL Abstract Award, the author confirms that he has read and understood the terms & conditions and accepts them.